Terms and conditions
- Course fees are non-refundable once a course has commenced. Refunds will only be provided where a course is cancelled. See ‘Refunds’.
- Enrolments are not transferrable to other parties.
- All fees are inclusive of GST.
- Course fees are payable prior to the commencement of courses.
- Part Course fees are payable prior to the commencement of the initial lesson.
Textbooks & Other Course Material
- Published textbooks used in courses are not included in the Course/Part Course fee.
- Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.
- Material prepared-in house for Advanced 1 and Advanced 2 Courses is included in the Course/Part Course fee. It will be circulated to students prior to each lesson.
- Course Outlines are provided as a guide only and may be changed.
- Class sizes range from 4 to 15 people. The average size of a class is from 6 to 10 people.
- Macquarie Mandarin reserves the right to cancel classes if attendance numbers are too low. See ‘Refunds’.
- Macquarie Mandarin reserves the right to change teachers either before or during a course.
- Macquarie Mandarin will refund course fees if courses are cancelled or are not available. Refunds will be made within 10 days of notification that a course has been cancelled or is unavailable.
- Classes that are missed are the student’s responsibility and are non-refundable. See ‘Catch Up Lessons’, ‘Catch-up Tutorials’ and ‘Credited Fees’.
- Transfer to another course is permitted during the same term, subject to the availability of courses and places and the approval of Macquarie Mandarin.
- Course fees may be credited to the following term only on request, subject to approval by Macquarie Mandarin.
- A credited lesson or block of credited lessons will incur a fee equal to the cost of one lesson.
- Catch-up lessons are permitted in the same term subject to the availability of courses and places.
- One-on-one catch up lessons are available on request for an additional fee.
- The Mandarin for English Speakers Courses 1-8 include two tutorials of 30 minutes each. These provide an opportunity for students to receive additional assistance with their Mandarin study. Tutorials will be scheduled at the commencement of courses.
- There are no tutorials in Advanced Mandarin Courses or Intensive Mandarin Courses.
- There are no tutorials for under numbered classes of 6 and lesser.
- One-on-one catch up tutorials are available on request for an additional fee.
- One free trial lesson is available for all courses with the exception of Mandarin For English Speakers 1 (Beginner 1) or equivalent. The purpose of the trial lesson is to determine which course a student should attend.
- Students must confirm their attendance at a free trial lesson.
- Students who are unable to attend a free trial lesson may attend one other free trial lesson provided they give Macquarie Mandarin at least 24 hours’ notice of their inability to attend the original free trial lesson.
- Macquarie Mandarin is closed on Public Holidays. Replacement lessons will be held for all lessons that fall on Public Holidays.
In addition to the Terms & Conditions listed above, the following Terms & Conditions apply to Children’s Courses:
- Parents and guardians may not stay in class or interact with children during class.
- Siblings who are not enrolled in Children’s Courses may not join the class.
- Macquarie Mandarin does not provide childminding facilities except during Children’s Camps.
- During Children’s Camps, after hours care is available only from 3pm-6pm at a fixed hourly rate per child.
- Children must be collected promptly at the end of the class or after hours care.
- Macquarie Mandarin accepts no responsibility for children before or after class except children who are in after hours care.
- Children should be dressed appropriately for the weather.
Food & Drink
- Children should bring their own food and drink.
- Sick children must remain at home until they recover to prevent the spread of infection.
- Parents and guardians must collect a sick child promptly on being notified.
- Parents and guardians must notify Macquarie Mandarin staff if their child is diagnosed with an infectious disease.
- Let us know if your child has medication requirements or other special needs.
- An emergency contact number must be provided to Macquarie Mandarin.